Monday, January 14, 2008

Virginia and other such

I find it amusing that my last entry is entitled "caught up" to indicate that I have been diligent getting back on track with real defensive ratings and posting on my blog - and it was 3 weeks ago.

At any rate, Duke beat Virginia 87-65 last night in their first impressive game since the 111-70 win over Albany. Only shot 11 for 31 from 3, but shot nearly 64% inside the arc - so I think I can live with a subpar shooting performance from outside.

Duke's tandem of point guards combined for 17 points shooting 62.5% eFG, had 8 assists, 1 turnover, and 3 steals (plus who knows how many FTO since I am certainly and inexorably behind again).

My current goal is to do real defensive ratings for all games and then to calculate game-by-game individual W/L and then total W/L, concepts that I can explain in some depth at a later time. My sense is that it won't be too terribly enlightening but it should be interesting to look at.

No comments: