Monday, May 28, 2007

Off season - blah

The off-season is as dull as ever in the sports world. The NBA playoffs are becoming increasingly worrisome as the inevitable San Antonio vs. Detroit clash is actualized. I find myself watching the playoffs anyway because it is basketball. I enjoy seeing Boozer do as well as he is, but the Jazz have no prayer against the Spurs. They're more experienced, and make fewer mistakes. But I sure hate seeing them win. Bowen is a dirty player and Ginobili just annoys the hell out of me with his soccer-like dramatics. Duncan is an admirable player, but he certainly complains more than most players in the NBA (which clearly says a lot).

There is certainly recruiting news, but aside from Larry Drew signing with our rival (can't say I'm too terrified of that kid, but he should be a good player), there's nothing serious. We continue to pursue Greg Monroe and Elliot Williams, but neither have made decisions (though EMail says he wants to make an early decision - Monroe probably waits until the fall).

I hate the off-season. Baseball sucks

No comments: